Complaints procedure for transactions originating from Nigeria and Rest of the World
How we resolve your complaints and our standards for dealing with customer queries and problems.
If a letter or email you receive from us takes too long to arrive, isnít clear, or uses an inappropriate tone of voice, we want to know.
The procedure explained here is not for complaints about a particular member of staff. If you have a complaint about a staff, you can contact our customer service team via firstname.lastname@example.org and the complaint will be looked into.
How to make a complaint
Please provide us with as much detail as you can to help us investigate your complaint:
• Say what the problem is.
• Say what you want to happen.
• Provide information on any relevant communication with the recipient, the recipient bank and the other parties involved on the transfer, including, for example, any reference numbers on letters or emails, and the times and dates of any conversations with the bank recipient..
• Provide documents relating to your source of funds, purpose for the transfer and if a company, last year company account letter if available.
How we treat your complaints.
When we receive a complaint, it is immediately referred to an appropriate staff member who will then carry out an investigation.
We will reply in writing, or by email or by telephone, within 10 working days from when we receive your complaint. If it is not possible for us to fully respond to you within this time, we will let you know and tell you what is being done to deal with your complaint, when you can expect the full reply and from whom.
We will always acknowledge where things could have been done better and tell you what will be done to avoid the same thing happening again. Equally, if we donít agree with your complaint, we will let you know why.
Questions we canít help with.
We canít usually get involved in disputes with other financial institutions like bank staffs.
We will only become involved if their own complaints procedures havenít worked.
What to do if you arenít satisfied
The full reply to your complaint will include details of who to contact next if you think it hasnít been dealt with properly. This will normally be an appropriate senior departmental official.
The Final Stage
• Base on our investigation, if we come to an understanding that you have been frauded by a member of the bank or your recipient, we will work with you to raise the case with EFCC (Economic and Financial Crimes Commission) - www.efccnigeria.org/
Our Compliance Division deals with most of the departmentís letters, emails, telephone enquiries and consultations.
We aim to:
• respond to your letters and emails (including complaints) within 10 working days, or 20 days for legal investigation (in line with the Nigeria government standards)
• answer at least 80% of calls within between 10am and 4:30pm on working weekdays
• give you a response from the person best placed to answer your questions or provide the advice you need
• be as polite, clear and helpful as possible
• encourage you to give us feedback on our service so we can improve it
However we cannot respond to complainants who use obscenities, racist or homophobic language, or who are personally offensive about members of our staff including agents.
Monitoring our performance
The Lagos Compliance Division handles around 85% of the departmentís official letters and emails.
Concerns about financial irregularity or impropriety
We take all concerns relating to recipient not receiving payments seriously. We will open an investigation in cases where concerns have been raised in good faith and there is sufficient evidence to support them.
Should we decide to open an investigation following a complaint, the department cannot guarantee that the identity of individuals will remain unknown. Individuals considering a formal disclosure to the department may therefore wish to seek their own independent advice before going ahead with their complaint.
If your transaction is generated in Naira or you are based in Nigeria, you should send your compliant letter to Afrotrade Intl Link Limited. Iwo Road, P.O.Box 35468, Agodi Gate, Ibadan Oyo State or email us at email@example.com.